CASF Membership Benefits
Membership in CASF is where those in the South Florida construction business community come together to build their trusted network. As a member of the Construction Association of South Florida, you will receive the following benefits:
Online Membership Guide
Your firm will be listed alphabetically and in up to six goods and services classification listings in our online membership guide. This is available to the membership, building departments, building owners and managers, developers, architects, engineers, purchasing agents, as well as, to the public and others in the building community upon request. The director is a great tool for members to obtain referrals.
It is a common practice for CASF members to do business with other member firms. As a member, you are urged to seek the products and services of fellow members as a way to recognize their support of your Association and dedication to "Promoting Quality in Construction." CASF actively provides the names of members when requests are received for construction products and services.
As a CASF member, you are entitled to display the attractive membership logo, which identifies your company as being part of one of the oldest and most recognized Association. These logo decals can be attached to company vehicles, your office, storefront and hard hats. You will also be supplied with camera-ready logos of all sizes and are encouraged to use them on your stationery, business cards, and all advertisements.
At least one dedicated general contractor networking breakfast is held each month in Miami-Dade, Broward or Palm Beach counties to provide members with the opportunity to network, find out what's happening in your industry and how your firm can bid on upcoming projects.
Continuing education and professional development of CASF members are a priority of the Association. Programs, seminars, forums, and workshops are designed to educate you and your staff on the many areas of construction and business.
Since Florida legislation mandated that a minimum of 14 credit hours of continuing education be obtained every two years by each contractor wishing to renew their license, CASF and Florida Atlantic University have teamed up to provide approved courses to member contractors at reasonable rates. Courses on OSHA job safety, bonds, lien law, code review, estimating software and others are offered throughout the year to help you get the necessary hours of continuing education needed.
CASF also strives to keep its members informed about the latest developments in the industry and business world. The Education Committee regularly schedules a variety of seminars, workshops, forums and other learning sessions for your improvement. The topics are relevant and informative and offer you valuable assistance in conducting your business.
CASF is committed to the continued excellence of the construction community in South Florida. To promote greater professionalism in construction, CASF operates an annual scholarship Award program. Students enrolled in college-level courses leading to a career in construction are eligible to apply for the allocated funds. Over the past eighteen years, the Association has awarded over $500,000 in scholarships to students attending schools like the University of Florida's School of Building and Construction and Florida International's Department of Construction Management.
Members of CASF recognize the importance of the organization's involvement in our local communities. While many members serve their communities in individual aspects, the Association has raised funds and donated construction goods and services on behalf of the industry to help the people throughout South Florida. In the past ten years, CASF has given over $1,000,000 in funds, goods and services to the following:
- ACE Mentor Program
- American Cancer Society
- Broward Center for the Blind
- Broward Partnership for the Homeless, Inc.
- Children’s Aid Club
- Children's Opportunity Group
- Cooperative Feeding Program
- Florida Department of Children & Families
- Florida Ocean Sciences Institute
- 4KIDS of South Florida
- Jack n' Jill Children's Center
- Joe DiMaggio's Children's Hospital
- Junior Achievement of South Florida
- Kids in Distress
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Salvation Army Hurricane Relief
- Sheridan House for Boys & Girls
- SOS Children's Villages of Florida
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward & Dade
- Taylor's Closet
- United Way
- Women in Distress
One of the major reasons for becoming a member of the Construction Association of South Florida is the ability to join efforts with others in the industry to protect the future of your business in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties, as well as, the state of Florida. CASF staff continually monitors county government and state legislative activities on each member's behalf. When issues affecting the construction business in South Florida emerge, our county and state government officials are immediately apprised of our position prior to the development or finalization of ordinances, regulations, and laws.
To keep members current on governmental issues, staff regularly faxes "Action Alerts" on urgent matters requiring member's attention and/or action, such as calling or writing elected officials. Your firm's membership in the CASF not only keeps you informed of pending governmental actions, but it also adds to your own legislative clout since CASF member companies employ over 35,000 voters. Therefore, that figure along will greatly affect your influence in government. A member may also wish to join the CASF's Political Action Committee (PAC), which contributes to the campaigns of political candidates who are responsive to the needs of the construction industry and funds legal challenges to ordinances, regulations and laws that need to be re-addressed.
Industry involvement is one of the most important things CASF does to address important issues affecting the industry. The increasing taxation and regulation of the construction industry must be confronted and dealt with in a professional and productive manner. CASF works in close cooperation with state and local organizations and government departments from the Tri-County area. Through our efforts, the industry is better served. CASF interacts on a regular basis with the following:
- Florida Construction Coalition
- Broward Construction Coalition
- Community Small Business Enterprise Board of Miami-Dade
- The Construction Industry Advisory Council of Miami-Dade County
- The Construction Industry Management Council of Palm Beach County
- Building and Permitting Departments of Dade, Broward and Palm Beach County
- School Board of Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach County
- Airport Authority of Miami-Dade and Broward County
- Port Authority of Miami- Dade and Broward County
- Office of Natural Resource Protection of Broward County
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Departments of Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Florida Power and Light Construction Departments
- Southern Bell Construction Office
- Board of Rules and Appeals in Dade and Broward County
- Office of Unlicensed Activity, Enforcement and Education
- Miami-Dade County Community Small Business Enterprise Program
- Florida’s Department of Business and Professional Regulation